How to Install Teams On An Older iPad
One of the difficulties to come out of the Coronavirus pandemic is home schooling. Like it or not, its here, and its here to stay for the foreseeable future!
For almost a year now, families have had to use whatever technology they can get hold of to access the work set by schools. With live online lessons becoming the norm this has led to a problem for many people who are trying to install Teams On An Older iPad.
So, you go to the AppStore to download teams on your older iPad and it doesn’t work. That is because the latest Microsoft Teams is not compatible with older versions of the iPad (iPads with IOS 9.35 or earlier) and you will not be able to download it directly from the AppStore.
Buying a new iPad or laptop is not a solution for many families as new technology is so expensive. Larger families are already having to scrabble around for enough devices to let all the children access live lessons. There is no way to Install Teams On An Older iPad but luckily there is a way to solve the problem.
Fortunately, some IT Tech experts have been hard at work to resolve the issue by creating a workaround. They have made an easy-to-follow solution to enable users of old-style iPads, to be able to access lessons on Microsoft Teams.
To install Teams On An Older iPad you just need an iPhone or Apple Mac which shares the same Apple iCloud account as the older iPad.
Follow these easy steps:
1. Download Microsoft Teams from the AppStore onto your iPhone or Apple Mac which shares an Apple account with the old iPad. It is important that the devices share the same Apple iCloud account for this to work. You may need the password to do this.
2. Simply search for Microsoft Teams in the AppStore and then click on Microsoft Teams to download it. This will only take a minute or two. You now have the latest version of Microsoft Teams installed on your iPhone or Apple Mac.
3. Now switch to the older iPad. Go to the AppStore on the old iPad. Click on the Purchased at the bottom of the screen.
4. You will see all of the apps that have been purchased on the account or previously downloaded. This will include the apps purchased/downloaded on the other device linked with the Apple account. You should see Microsoft Teams in the list – Tap on it.
5. You will now be able to install Teams onto the old iPad. You may need to enter your Apple password to do this.
6. Do not click on install “latest version”. Instead choose “last compatible version”. You may get a message saying this application isn’t compatible, do you wish to download, just hot download
7. A message may appear saying “Tap download and the download will start”.
8. Microsoft Teams will now install on your old iPad. It will be an older version that is compatible with your older device.
9. Although you will not have access to all the new Teams features you will now be able to join live lessons. No need to buy a new device!
You may find Teams runs a little slowly or sluggish, but that’s a by-product of running the app on older hardware.
As always if you need any tech help, get in touch !
If this was helpful, please leave some feeback !